When: Watch this space for 2017 Race Date Information (see full schedule of events below)
Where: New Albany Elementary (2-5 Building), 55 North High St, New Albany, OH 43054.
What: Pump, Run or Walk your way to helping local kids battling cancer and other illnesses. In the Lifting Hopes 5K Pump and Run a participant’s score will be based on a combination of how many times he/she can bench press their weight (see below for how the lifting weight is calculated) and their 5K race time. Pump and Run athletes can weigh in and lift between 7:00am and 9:00am on race day. To calculate the score, an athlete will reduce their 5K run time by 30 seconds for each successful lift (maximum 30 reps for a maximum of 15 minute reduction. Participants may also just run or walk in the 5k portion of the event.
Directions and Parking: Exit 161 at the New Albany Road Exit (turn right if you are headed eastbound and turn left if you are headed westbound). You will pass Kroger and take the second exit on the roundabout for Fodor headed towards the school. Follow Fodor until the Dublin Granville Rd stop light. Turn left onto Dublin Granville Rd and drive approximately .5 miles. Parking is located at the McCoy Performing Arts Center, 100 West Dublin Granville Road. The race start is at a new location this year in front of the New Albany 2-5 Elementary School (55 North High Street).
Schedule of events:
- 6 a.m. – Registration
- 7 a.m. – Free breakfast (while supplies last)
- 7 a,m. – Kids games open
- 7-10 a.m. – Raffle open
- 7 to 9 a.m. – Pump and Run Lifting Portion
- 9:15 a.m. – 5K Start
- 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. – Live Music with W.U.V.A.L.
- 10:30 a.m. – Race winners announced
- NEW! Current and past members of the United States Armed Services can now register for free! Please note this registration is limited to the first 25 military registrants.
- Registration fee for the 5k portion is $25
- Registration fee for the pump and run is $35
If you are JUST running or walking the 5k, feel free to come before 9 a.m. for food, games, and fun!
See you later in 2017!